- Log into Conviva Social Insights, click on “Content Tags” from the menu on the left.
- Choose a tag from your Tag Manager, or create a new tag, to open the Tag Editor (You cannot use special characters or punctuation in the tag name).
Note: If you are editing an existing Content Tag, you will be able to see the Campaigns that the Content Tag is currently being used in as seen in the bottom left hand corner of 'Tag Details'
3. Select 'Add Rule' to open the Rule Builder
4. Select the Social Media Channels that you want to apply the tag to, or leave it empty to search all.
5. Type the name of the account(s) you want to tag, or leave this empty to apply the automated rule to all accounts you have connected in Conviva Social Insights.
6. Select "Add Group" to add your first set of Keywords.
7. Choose "Add" and start typing the word or phrase you want to include, remembering to hit the save icon to lock in your term.
- Typing more than one word, or a phrase will automatically group the words in quotations and search for the exact string, so there's no need to use "" as we will automatically apply them
- All of the Keywords included in your group will linked using OR as shown in the below screenshot.
- Note: Conviva Social Insights looks at post copy for all channels and video titles/description for YouTube. Select 'Search Titles + Post Text' if you would like to search Facebook Video Titles in addition to post copy.
8. To see if the Keywords you have entered are returning results, Choose "Preview Matches". This will give you a sample of the posts that will be tagged using the criteria you have indicated in your keywords.
9. Select "Save Rule" to save your work so far. NOTE, YOU MUST SAVE YOUR RULE BEFORE CHOOSING APPLY RULE.
10. Select "Apply Rule" to Apply the rule to the accounts selected.
Note: There is a limit to the amount of tags you can automatically apply instantly. If you're tagging a large number of posts, you may receive the following message:
"The match set (7,736 posts) was too large for manual processing, it will be applied during the next processing cycle."
11. To add another set of Keywords to your Tag Rule, you can add another Group by selecting 'Add Group'. This will enable you to create another set of keyword conditions to filter your results further. Multiple Keyword Groups are linked together using AND.
12. Choose "Add Group" to create a second Criteria Group
13. Select "Add" and start typing the word or phrase you want to include, remembering to hit the save icon to lock in your term.
14. Choose "Preview Matches" to see if your strings are returning results before saving the rule.
15. Select "Save Rule" at the bottom of the rule builder.
16. Select "Apply Rule" to Apply the rule to the accounts selected.
As a general rule — the number of posts will get smaller the more "AND" is used, and larger the more "OR" is used. Although you might think "AND" would add more hits to a set, what it has actually added is limitations. The term "OR" adds more possible options.