The segment tool allows a user to create segments, locked by timestamp, in order to see in-depth performance metrics on individual portions of their live video.
A user can manually create a segment by clicking and dragging their mouse over any section of the live video, entering a segment title, and clicking save.
A user can automatically create a segment by choosing the "Upload Segments" button at the top right of a live video, completing the segment upload template, and uploading the file.
Instructions for Creating and Uploading Segements
- Uploads must be of type .csv or .xlsx (excel)
- The file must have 3 columns.Segment nameStart time (format = 00:00:00)End time (format = 00:00:00)
- The first row header is optional. The program will detect a header row
- If the file is an excel file (.xlsx), the start time and end time columns must be formated as "text" or "time". To format a cell, select the cell or column, right click -> Format Cells -> Choose "text" (best option) or "time".
- If the file is an excel file, it should only have 1 sheet. Additional sheets will be ignored.
- If the file is type .csv, it should be comma delimited and use single quotes around the values. In Excel, Save As -> CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
Segment Metrics Glossary
Time - The length of the live video in HH:MM:SS.
Live Views - The number of views on a Facebook Live video that happened while the video was live only.
Viewers - The total number of individuals who viewed the Facebook Live broadcast.
Comments - Total comments on the Live Video.
Peak - The highest number of viewers who were watching the video while it was live.
Reactions - "love," "haha," "yay," "wow," "sad" and "anger."
Average Minute Audience - The average number of concurrent individuals viewing a Facebook Live broadcast, which is expressed per minute over the entire program duration.
Engage/Sec - A velocity metric that measures the number of engagements per second (likes, comments, shares, and reactions) over the length of an entire Facebook Live broadcast.
Start - The time within the live video when the segment begins in HH:MM:SS.
End - The time within the live video when the segment ends in HH:MM:SS.
Duration - The total time of the segment in HH:MM:SS.
In - The total number of concurrent live viewers on the stream when a segment begins.
Out - The total number of concurrent live viewers on the stream when a segment ends.
Avg - The average number of concurrent live viewers who viewed the video segment.
Engagements - Sum of Likes + Comments + Shares + Reactions.
Live E/R - Live Engagement Rate - Engagements per segment expressed as a percentage of total live views